Who we are
This work is being carried out by the Leaders as Change Agents board, an independently led, Government backed Expert Committee set up to champion diversity and inclusion at the top levels of business in the UK. For the purpose of data protection legislation, the Government (Government Equalities Office) is the data controller for the personal data processed as part of the Leaders as Change Agents board.
How we will use your information
We have received your personal data because you expressed an interest in the work of the Leaders as Change Agents board or because you have attended the Board’s events as a guest. To contact the Government Equalities Office about any concerns relating to usage of your personal data on this website please email email@example.com.
We are processing this information in order to inform you of upcoming events, reports, toolkits and general updates about the Board’s work. For more information about the work of the Leaders as Change Agents board please explore our web pages at: https://leadersaschangeagents.com/
The nature of your personal data we will be using
The categories of your personal data that we will be using for this project are:
- Your name and title
- Contact details including email addresses and postal addresses
Why our use of your personal data is lawful
In order for our use of your personal data to be lawful, we need to meet one (or more) conditions in the data protection legislation. For the purpose of this project, the relevant condition that we are meeting falls under Article 6(1)(e) of the GDPR which gives a lawful basis for processing where “processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller”. The Leaders as Change Agents board is an independent, business-led committee that is supported by Government, with the aim to champion diversity and inclusion at the top levels of business in the UK.
The Leaders as Change Agents board needs to contact stakeholders and companies directly in order to raise awareness of best practice across the business community, to build strong, strategic collaborations and identify and engage with senior business leaders as change agents in order to encourage them to step up to make a meaningful and measurable difference.
Who we will make your personal data available to
We sometimes need to make personal data available to other organisations. These might include contracted partners (who we have employed to process your personal data on our behalf) and/or other organisations (with whom we need to share your personal data for specific purposes).
Where we need to share your personal data with others, we ensure that this data sharing complies with data protection legislation. For the purpose of this project:
- We may need to share your personal data with organisations supporting Leaders as Change Agents events in order for them to contact you with the details of upcoming events or in the promotion of the Leaders as Change Agents board activity. This data sharing is lawful because the information shared will only explicitly be in relation to informing you of upcoming events, your personal data will only be held by these organisations for the explicit purpose of informing you of these events and securely destroyed following the completion of the related event you may have been invited to.
How long we will keep your personal data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purpose(s) of this piece of work, after which point it will be securely destroyed. Please note that, under Data Protection legislation, and in compliance with the relevant data processing conditions, we can lawfully keep personal data processed purely for research and statistical purposes indefinitely.
Your data protection rights
You have the right:
- to ask us for access to information about you that we hold
- to have your personal data rectified, if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- to restrict our processing of your personal data (i.e. permitting its storage but no further processing)
- to object to direct marketing (including profiling) and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- not to be subject to decisions based purely on automated processing where it produces a legal or similarly significant effect on you
If you need to contact us regarding any of the above, please do so at enquiries@
Further information about your data protection rights appears on the Information Commissioner’s website at:
Withdrawal of consent and the right to lodge a complaint
Where we are processing your personal data with your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent. If you change your mind, or you are unhappy with our use of your personal data, please let us know by contacting the Leaders as Change Agents board at enquiries@
Alternatively, you have the right to raise any concerns with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) via their website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
We may need to update this privacy notice periodically so we recommend that you revisit this information from time to time. This version was last updated on 18th October 2021.
If you have any questions about how your personal information will be processed, please contact us at enquiries@